Part-time Receptionist required, 13 hours p/w plus 5 weeks holiday cover.
To act as a first point
of contact to welcome and attend to clients of the Spa from the moment of their
arrival, throughout the duration of their visit and at the checkout stage. Answering
the telephone to attend to bookings using Premier Software system, together
with ensuring a front of house management is undertaken at all times and that
Reception and surrounding areas are properly manned. Duties to include, but not restricted to:
· Dealing with late arrivals, re-booking if necessary and assisting with early check-outs.
· Check out departing guests using the spa’s computer system.
· Taking payment from guests in the form of cash, card payments, cheque or vouchers.
· Ensuring clients are attended to in the Relax Room following their treatments.
· Keeping up to date on all spa products, services, pricings and special offers.
· Sending out email blasts regarding offers and newsletters as and when required
· Ensuring the Reception area, Relax Room, Bathroom and Downstairs WC are kept immaculate, including keeping magazines tidy, discarded crockery promptly cleared away and surfaces clean and tidy, floors swept and mopped as required.
· Helping the rest of the team to shut down/clean the salon towards the end of each day
Please Note: the above duties are just a sample of the main areas of this active and demanding role, however, this role is absolutely about being a team player, being proactive and being able to read the salon and the therapists’ requirements throughout the working day, in order to help deliver a punctual, efficient and professional service to all of our clients.
Who will I be working with?
A small but friendly and hardworking team of five beauty therapists and one full-time Receptionist.
What are the hours of the role?
We are looking for somebody who would be available to work 13 hours per week as follows:
Wednesday: 4.00-7.00pm, Thursday: 4.00-7.00pm, Saturday: 9.00am-4.00pm.
In addition to the above, we require a flexible individual who would also have the time available to cover the full-time Receptionist’s annual leave – this would be Monday-Friday cover and plenty of advance notice would be given for dates to cover.
So, what will the role of Part-Time Receptionist entail?
Working closely within a small team of therapists you will be part of a hands-on team of experienced professionals, where you will support the delivery of the Spa's mission statement in delivering the most professional service with high attention to detail. The role requires a proactive and flexible approach to completing day to day reception tasks, including a range of duties, some of which include:
What will I need to be considered?
· Previous Reception experience in a similar role advantageous.
· Knowledge of Premier Software advantageous but not essential.
· Exemplary timekeeping skills
· Smart and tidy appearance
· Pleasant and friendly demeanour and concise and warm telephone manner
· A proactive and flexible approach to the demands of the role
· A team player is essential
· Confident and professional manner
Who would this role suit?
This role would suit somebody who is looking for evening and weekend Reception work, and somebody who has the flexibility at home to be available for 5 weeks per year holiday cover Monday-Friday. It is essential that that, as an applicant, you have and are:
· A warm and professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and client service.
· Calm, efficient and organised with friendly disposition.
· Confident and diplomatic with good conflict management skills.