Please read on for some helpful tips to make you fully aware of exfoliating requirements for all skin types...
1) Exfoliating regularly helps all of your other products to work more effectively as they are able to penetrate more easily in to the skin.
2) It is important to adapt how often you exfoliate depending on your skin type:
- Oily Skins: should be very aware of how often they exfoliate as a granular exfoliator does end up stimulating the natural oil flow. This is challenging for an oily skin as they need to exfoliate to remove the dead skin cells which can block skin pores and cause more spots. Ideally an oily skin should exfoliate not more than once a week.
- Dry Skins: should exfoliate at least once to twice a week as they need this natural oil flow to be stimulated and increase the production of lipids to rebuild hydro-lipidic film.
- Sensitive Skins: need to be aware of exfoliators that can weaken the skin. AHA's (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) and high concentration of enzymes can be too thinning as sensitive skin is already weak and fragile. We recommend not to exfoliate more than once a week.
- Ageing Skins: need to exfoliate as it will stimulate the natural cell renewal process but anyone with mature skin need to exfoliate particularly gently, being aware of not tugging and pulling too much in order not to over-stretch the skin.